Formnext 2020: still going ahead
Since its successful launch in 2015 in Frankfurt, Formnext has strengthened its position in 3D printing industry trade show calendar and has become the place-to-be for additive manufacturing specialists and experts. After many international trade shows were postponed recently, we asked Sascha F.Wenzler, vice-president of Mesago Messe Frankfurt GmbH – Formnext organizer – about their plans for 2020.
- Sascha, how do you estimate the global affect of the pandemic on the exhibition business?
- It´s a global crisis and all parts of private, public and business life are affected. We all live and work currently in the environment and under the effects of the worldwide corona pandemic. The economic effects are huge and will require a long recovery phase. The format of events and trade fairs in autumn will also be different from what we are used to so far, depending on the situation.
- How is the situation in Germany now?
- According to the current situation, major events are prohibited in Germany until 31.08.2020. The rulings of the Federal Government and the Federal States of Germany, dated 6 May 2020, stating that trade shows are no longer considered to fall under the category of major events that pose a particular health risk, give new cause for optimism. This is great news not only for the trade show industry, but for the entire economy. Trade shows are an important driver of innovation and value creation in the industry, especially after months of economic standstill in many industries and sectors.
- What do you expect for Formnext 2020?
- For the time being, we assume that Formnext will take place in Frankfurt from 10-13 November as planned. However, the protection of the health of all exhibitors, visitors, media representatives and our employees has top priority. We are also currently examining alternatives as to how Formnext can be held under more stringent conditions. The necessary discussions with the relevant authorities are already underway and we expect information by mid-June at the latest. We are also learning that digital exchange formats such as video conferencing offer more possibilities than we might have imagined a few weeks ago. Here too, we are working in parallel on a digital supplement to Formnext.
For more news and information check the official website https://formnext.mesago.com/frankfurt/en.html
See you in Frankfurt from 10 – 13 November!